Night Photography Series!

I'm going to be doing a series of Night Photography posts for the next 3 or 4 posts since I've gotten some exciting results for just a little knowledge and a little experimenting.
This image of a part of Griffith Observatory was a lesson in being open to whatever life gives you. It was an overcast night which was initially disappointing to me as I was hoping to capture some great shots of the Los Angeles city lights below.
However, the overcast sky in the background of this image adds a certain haunting quality to it that makes for a different take on this beautiful structure. More and more I find that the more interesting photographs in my shoots tend to be accidents or ones that I initially thought I wouldn't like. What has been your experience with "accidents" and conditions you initially thought were undesirable?

p.s. - due to the overcast of this particular night, I almost didn't even go. Lesson learned= take what life gives you- sometimes it knows better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment